Web marketing services agency montrealNovember 25, 2016
Seo Best practices for small Business to sell better onlineJanuary 19, 2017
When you have an e-commerce site and want to get more traffic and sales on the Canadian market, you’re trying to maximize your sales. To increase your revenue, it’s important to optimize your conversion funnel which is measured through google analytics. A conversion funnel corresponds to the pathway traveled by a user to arrive at the shopping cart and then order their products, it also depends on your goal setting so you are thinking about getting your product on the cart or the buyer has to finish the purchase process.
This man full analysis of the traffic of the users of your e-commerce site is essential for optimizing your conversion rate which is the goal-setting from the funnel and increasing your revenue for relevant traffic.
This crucial aspect of online sales has been the subject of many studies and analyses since the last ten years, there are many strategies and important tactics for improving your current results and also your conversion rate.
Do you need to improve your conversion funnel? Yes
Here is a list of same points for improving your conversion funnel and getting more users to your goal :
- Measure your conversion rate at each stage of your conversion funnel, to analyze the traffic on your e-commerce website and be aware of what is going on your website. By setting up tools, in other words, your board eye, the best way is using Google Analytics because 87 % of internet users use Google to look up for information and goods to buy. Now, you’ll start to get a good idea of the path taken by users on your e-commerce site and your final goal.
- Speed up your website. This point has become an important element in terms of search engine optimization, and it improves the user experience on your site. There are many technical aspects of reducing the loading time of your pages; start by measuring the current state of your site with well-known tools such as GTmetrix or Google PageSpeed.
- Simplify your purchase tunnel. A customer should be able to order on your site in just a few steps then the PayPal process.better to simplify the task for them and you will see the difference. I suggest that to offer them the ability to order without having to create a customer account or guest customer account without any register cases. Don’t request their name and email address to order on your e-commerce site, so you will reduce the amount of information to be communicated and invite them to continue.
- Work on the positioning of your elements. By optimizing each element of your site, you’ll be able to optimize the effectiveness of each of your pages and thus your overall conversion funnel. It’s especially important to optimize what has known the “call to action” buttons, as for example “add to cart”.
- Set up A/B testing.you can use the A/B testing method, so you can analyze results from two different versions of the same page and analyzing the results achieved by each of the two versions. These full-scale tests let you determine the most effective versions of each of your pages. But be careful; while this process is extremely useful and important for validating the changes to be applied to your conversion pages, we recommend that you only test one different element at a time. Indeed, if you change too many elements between your versions, it will be difficult for you to know what was beneficial and if your version is the most optimized to date.
- One example of A/B testing would be to compare conversion rates between changing the color of “add to cart” buttons.
- Reassure your potential customers. Like any act of purchasing, the potential customer has a V.a.b.s whats mean value, assumption, assumption, and expectation. Your role is, therefore, to continually know and reassure your customer to get them to place these orders in peace of mind. To do this, there are many methods to implement, such as:
- Professional and reassuring graphic design, do not forget responsive.
- A complete and detailed explanation of the ordering process
- The different delivery methods, as example ups post Canada etc…
- The guarantees and return refund associated with the products
- The after-sales support or service
- The return policy offered and mentioned
- The security of the financial transactions, better to use PayPal as known today as the secure transaction through their protection buyer policies.
- Add customer reviews. Today, we put more trust in other customers who have purchased the product on an online sales site, which has less credibility than the review given on a product. Indeed, customer reviews present the positive points as well as the negative points, so your visitor can form their opinion on their potential order with more objectivity. You shouldn’t be afraid of negative reviews; they let you improve on the points raised by your customers and thus continue to offer the best possible service to your audience. You can, therefore, continue to improve your conversion rate and your customer satisfaction rate.
- Highlight your sales promotions. By clearly advertising your promotions, services, or limited-time offers, you’ll facilitate the buying impulse in your visitors.
- Improve the quality of your product sheets. If you have a very large product catalog, start with your best sellers. The primary interest of these pages is to provide information about the product, attract the customer, and reassure them to help them order.
- Restart your abandoned carts. This little-used technique lets you easily convert a large number of customers who didn’t reach the end of their order. It’s a simple and effective way to improve your conversion rate.
What is the appeal of a conversion funnel for your sales figures?
We’ve seen that there are many ways to optimize your purchase tunnel, but what does this have to do with increasing your turnover?
Traffic is essential for ensuring a sales volume that corresponds to the objectives you’ve set in terms of sales. But if you want to double your sales, for example, you have the option of doubling your audience or doubling your conversion rate.
Let’s imagine that your shop receives 100,000 visitors per month and has a 0.5% conversion rate, which lets you generate around 500 orders per month.
If your goal is to reach 1000 orders per month, you have two possibilities:
- Reach an audience of 200,000 visitors per month.
- Double your conversion rate to 1%.
Increasing the number of visits to your site is no easy task, and can take the time or a great deal of money if you’re relying on advertising. However, if you work on your conversion rate and your purchase funnel, you can quickly achieve significant improvements for a reduced cost that’s more sustainable over time.
Let’s imagine that you’ve achieved a 1% conversion rate by improving your funnel and that, simultaneously, you’ve succeeded in increasing your traffic to 120,000 monthly visitors, thereby generating 1200 orders per month. Without an increase in the conversion of your purchasing cycle, with these 120,000 visitors, you would only have generated 600 orders instead of 1200!
You can, therefore, see the essential interest in starting work today on your conversion funnel for your e-commerce website.